Monday, August 2, 2010

The night the light came on

For the past few years, I've had a recurring dream that I go into a room in my house and flip a light switch but the light doesn't come on. I go to another room, and the same thing happens. I try to turn on a lamp, and again, nothing. And there I am in complete darkness, totally freaked out, wondering how ALL of the lights have stopped working at once and sure some evil force is behind it. Tonight, with the help of a friend, I uncovered the dream's meaning. We were standing in my dimly lit kitchen and looked up to see three of the four bulbs on my ceiling fixture burnt out (they've been giving out one by one over the past few years, as lightbulbs are wont to do). "That's it!" I shouted, the proverbial light coming on. "The dream is telling me to get new lightbulbs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment